IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
The course offers an introduction to the area of Metrology. Basic topics covered are:
· Fundamental characteristics of measuring devices - Measurement system errors-Uncertainty budget.
· Transducers - Instrument calibration - Traceability
· Designing an experiment - Data acquisition
· Analog to digital conversion - Signal conditioning
· Statistical analysis and experimental data fitting
· Measuring devices for basic physical variables (e.g. temperature, pressure, speed, flow rate)